DataFile is happy to serve as your resource for information regarding improving efficiency, regulatory best practices, and more. Please browse our collection of FAQ below. If your question isn’t answered, feel free to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 816.437.9134.
Process Related FAQ
These are questions related to the general processes executed by DataFile Technologies in partnership with our clients.
- How does DataFile handle the transferring of medical records for the purpose of Continuity of Care (COC)?
- How does DataFile address paper records in an EHR environment?
- What is the DataFile process for reviewing subpoenas?
- When do we release medical information from outside providers?
- What are best practices related to handling HEDIS, MRA, RAC and other reviews/audits?
- How does DataFile handle requests for records for which no date of services (DOS) is found?
- What should DataFile clients do with the DME requests related to CMS audits?
- Why are my patients being denied disability?
- Why am I still experiencing high call volumes from third party requestors?
- How does DataFile process requests for deceased patient records?
HIPAA Related FAQ
These are questions related to HIPAA and the impact of regulations on DataFile’s workflows.
- How does DataFile ensure the secure transmission of sensitive information?
- How does DataFile maintain HIPAA compliance while providing high quality service?
- How should DataFile clients handle disputes from third party requestors regarding records,billing, or compliance?
- What is the difference between tracking release of information and Accounting of Disclosure?
- What steps are taken by DataFile in the event of a HIPAA violation or breach?
- How does DataFile deliver patients their PHI via email?
- How does DataFile comply with the requirements regarding the use of a Unique Identifier?
- What are the implications of Restricted Access Records on practice workflows and procedures?
- How does DataFile handle requests for records that contain genetic information?
- What are best practices for managing mental/behavioral health records and psychotherapy notes?
- Is that REALLY a live video feed on the DataFile homepage?
- Patients’ rights under HIPAA Right to Access. What are patients charged for this access by DataFile?
- I asked for records from Dr. Smith. Why do my files also have Dr. Jones’ records? Isn’t that a HIPAA violation?